Hi, my name is Hao Wang, aka “Hao Won-derful”. I am an associate professor in Department of ICT and Natural Sciences, Faculty of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering in Norwegian University of Science & Technology, Norway. I am teaching and leading the Big Data Lab. We are building up Data Analytics competence with our industrial/academic partners from different domains such as Maritime Operations, Smart Water Systems, Bioinformatics, and Finance.
Before this, I was a research scientist with IBM Canada Research and Development Centre, (still) collaborating with Profs Ridha Khedri,Mark Lawford, Tom Maibaum and Alan Wassyng in McMaster University, Canada. We are studying requirements, certification, and FPGA-based data analytics topics for Software (Intensive) Medical Devices.
I have extensive experiences in the development of safety-critical systems, distributed systems, real-time systems, fault-tolerance, and security. I am/was involved mainly with projects in the Maritime, Health Care, and Sustainability domains, including Big Data for Maritime, Smart Water Systems, and Cancer Research at NTNU, Software Certification of Medical Devices at McSCert, SAFEHR at UNU-IIST and Building Decision-support through Dynamic Workflow Systems for Health Care at StFX. For more details, please see my CV, GoogleScholar, ResearchGate, DBLP, ORCID, Cristin and LinkedIn. My profile page at NTNU is here.
- We have two PhD positions on financial big data based with the collaboration with TEFT Lab (Project description #1, #2; application deadline is April 8).
- I host Dr. Pushpendu Kar as a PostDoc funded by ERCIM Alain Bensoussan Fellowship Program, his research topic is a new IoT framework.
- I will serving as a panelist in the panel discussion “Achieving Trustworthy Cyber Systems: Challenges and Strategies” in ISPA 2017, alongside with Prof. Stephen S. Yau, Prof. M. Jamal Deen, Prof. Geyong Min, Prof. Zheng Yan, and Prof. Md Zakirul Alam Bhuiyan.
- I will be a co-supervisor for several new PhD positions, including 3 on security topics and 1 on cancer data analysis.
- I am now a member of IEEE IES Technical Committee on Industrial Informatics.
- We have a special issue with EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking, submission deadline 31.10.2017.
- I am involved with DataCom 2017, to be held in Orlando, Florida, USA. Submission deadline 27.07.2017.
- We welcome on board our new PhD student, Wu Di, 04.01.2017.
- I am involved with ES2017, to be held in Beijing, China, as a Program co-chair. In particular, we organise a special session on “Big Data and IIoT for the Ocean“.
- I am involved with CIT2017 (co-located with ICA3PP and NSS 2017), to be held in Helsinki, Finland, as a Program Chair.
- I join the Editorial Board of the Journal Marine Science and Application, Springer.
Office: Room B318, Norwegian University of Science & Technology, Larsgårdsvegen 2, 6009 Aalesund, Norway
Postal addr.: Norwegian University of Science & Technology, Postboks 1517, N-6025 Aalesund, Norway
Phone: +47 70 16 15 34
Emails: hawa AT ntnu DOT no