Hi, my name is Hao Wang, aka “Hao Won-derful”. I am an associate professor in Department of ICT and Natural Sciences, Faculty of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering in Norwegian University of Science & Technology, Norway. I am teaching and leading the Big Data Lab. We are working with our industrial partners including Aalesund Kunnskapspark, GCE-BLUE Marine and Rolls-Royce Marine on big data analytics and industrial internet of things.
Before this, I was a research scientist with IBM Canada Research and Development Centre, (still) collaborating with Profs Ridha Khedri,Mark Lawford, Tom Maibaum and Alan Wassyng in McMaster University, Canada. We are studying requirements, certification, and FPGA-based data analytics topics for Software (Intensive) Medical Devices.
I have extensive experiences in the development of safety-critical systems, distributed systems, real-time systems, fault-tolerance, and security. I am/was involved mainly with projects in the Maritime and Health Care domains, including Big Data for Maritime at NTNU, Software Certification of Medical Devices at McSCert, SAFEHR at UNU-IIST and Building Decision-support through Dynamic Workflow Systems for Health Care at StFX. For more details, please see my CV, GoogleScholar, ResearchGate, DBLP, ORCID, Cristin and LinkedIn. My profile page at NTNU is here.
- We welcome on board our new PhD student, Wu Di, 04.01.2017.
- I am involved with ES2017, to be held in Beijing, China, as a Program co-chair. In particular, we organise a special session on “Big Data and IIoT for the Ocean“. Please consider contributing. Authors of selected papers will be invited to submit an extended version to top international journals in these areas such IEEE TII, IEEE TSMC, JIII, ACM T-CPS.
- I am involved with CIT2017 (co-located with ICA3PP and NSS 2017), to be held in Helsinki, Finland, as a Program Chair. Please consider contributing.
- I join the Editorial Board of the Journal Marine Science and Application, Springer.
- Successful wrap-up of the MarKom 2020 project “AIS and Maritime Transport”, with Assoc. Profs. Halvor Schøyen and Karina Hjelmervik from HBV (USN).
Office: Room B318, Norwegian University of Science & Technology, Larsgårdsvegen 2, 6009 Aalesund, Norway
Postal addr.: Norwegian University of Science & Technology, Postboks 1517, N-6025 Aalesund, Norway
Phone: +47 70 16 15 34
Emails: hawa AT ntnu DOT no